- Letter from NWCCU reaffirming accreditation. February 27, 2023
- Year Seven Evidence of Institutional Effectiveness (EIE) Self Study submitted to NWCCU on Aug 24, 2022.
- Evaluation of Institutional Effectiveness (Y7) Peer-Evaluation Report – November 14, 2022
- NWCCU Review of Fall2021 PRFR Report
- 2021 Year Six Policies, Regulations, and Financial Review (PRFR) Report submitted to NWCCU on September 15, 2021
The University has maintained its accreditation through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) continuously since 1933. Accreditation through NWCCU means that the institution meets the Commission’s established standards of educational quality and effectiveness. Accredited status indicates that the institution:
- has clearly defined and appropriate educational objectives;
- operates under conditions by which achievement of those educational objectives can reasonably be expected;
- is substantially accomplishing its educational objectives;
- is organized, staffed, and supported to warrant confidence that it will continue to achieve its educational objectives in the foreseeable future.
In Fall 2020, NWCCU adopted an updated 7-year cycle of institutional self-evaluation and review to ensure that institutions meet NWCCU Eligibility Requirements and are in conformance with NWCCU Accreditation Standards. The calendar of upcoming review events for the University of Utah is:
- Year Six Policies, Regulations, and Financial Review (PRFR) Report (Fall 2021)
- Year Seven Evaluation of Institutional Effectiveness (EIE) Report and Site Visit (Fall 2022)
- Mid-Cycle Review (Fall 2025)
The University’s previous Mid Cycle Self Evaluation Report was submitted to NWCCU on September 21, 2018, and the site visit took place October 29-30, 2018.
Please address any questions about the report or accreditation review process to:
Dr. David Kieda
Dean, The Graduate School
NWCCU Accreditation Liaison Officer
Specialized and Programmatic Accreditation
More than 35 University of Utah academic departments and degree programs maintain specialized accreditation credentials throughout the university. A summary list of credentials is available here.